The glass eye = a prosthetic eye.
And a telescope lens?-the dream life
of the glass eye when it's closed.
—from "About the Dead"
Albert Goldbarth's trusty travel guide, Budget Travel through Space and Time, is a steal. For only $14.00, you can:
- Observe the nation of Tuvalu sinking into the Pacific!
- Discover Goldbarth's Law of Physics ("At the moment when the past becomes two futures, / it becomes two pasts.")!
- Earn 27,000 frequent-flyer miles* by accompanying the Arctic tern in its annual migratory patterns!
- Witness William Herschel, in the late 1770s, construct his famed telescope from horse manure!
- Journey into the Paleolithic and beyond to observe "The Most Ancient Light in Existence"!
- Observe why Goldbarth is "a dazzling virtuoso who can break your heart" (Joyce Carol Oates), and ponder how "Goldbarth finds startling and intricate connections where no one else has thought to look" (National Book Critics Circle citation, 2002)!
*Budget restrictions apply