If the Tabloids Are True What Are You?
- "If you care about modern American poetry you care about Matthea Harvey."—Daniel Handler, Los Angeles Times
—from “The Backyard Mermaid”
Graywolf Poetry Tour at the Bryant Park Reading Room
The Graywolf Poetry Tour showcases Graywolf poets reading together around the country. Join us for an outstanding event featuring Saskia Hamilton, Matthea Harvey, Erika L. Sánchez, and Susan Stewart on August 14 at the Bryant Park Reading Room.
The Bryant Park Reading Room hosts emerging and established poets throughout the summer with evening readings. Sit under the park's London Plane trees and listen to the artists read their own work.
- “A book truly unlike any other. . . . Harvey is a genius of the unusual, and of the dark underbelly of the adorable; she is one of our most important poets, and this book proves it.”—NPR
- “Matthea Harvey [is] one of America’s most imaginative, playful, and perceptive poets. . . . Harvey is definitively coming into her prime.”—Publishers Weekly, “Top 10 Poetry Books of Fall 2014”
- “In extending her concept of poetic craft into the physical realm, and by refusing to honor its discretion from poetry, Harvey has created a work that is both generous and sui generis.”—Boston Globe
- "[Harvey is] an artist whose visual work embodies the kind of playful imagining and deep foreboding present in much of her written work."—Poets & Writers